Dear Terraces families and friends-
It’s been a very long time since I wrote a letter like this, but I want to make you aware that a staff member has tested positive for COVID. The employee was fully vaccinated and is not in a role that requires direct contact with any of our residents. They are isolating at home for 14 days and will not return until they are free of symptoms and have a clean bill of health from their doctor.
I want to assure you that all the best practices we employed during the worst of the pandemic are in place; careful screening of all visitors, limiting the number of visitors allowed in the building, stringent infection control protocols and routine sanitizing throughout the community. Also, no visitors are allowed who do not show proof of vaccination.
Additionally, we will be conducting weekly PCR (or nasal swab) testing on all residents and staff until no further cases are identified for two consecutive rounds of testing.
As if we needed this reminder, COVID is still active and should be taken just as seriously as ever. For your safety and that of your loved ones, please continue to follow all public health recommendations by masking up in public, avoiding large gatherings, practicing good hand washing and sanitizing habits and getting vaccinated.
And, speaking of best practices to keep our residents and staff safe, please see the following guidelines for visitation. We’ve gotten lax on some of these, but we need to tighten back up:
- Visits must be scheduled through the front desk for the designated times, which are 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. Two visitors per hour are allowed, with the last visit at 7:00 pm (maximum of 20 visitors [or slots] per day).
- We’re open for family visits 7 days a week.
- Visits are limited to family members and friends who are fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination is required at the time of the visit
- Visits will be limited to one hour and two family members or friends at a time.
- Visitors are welcome to be in their loved one's apartment or in the courtyard areas.
- Until further notice, only residents can dine in the dining room.
- Visitors can bring food and drinks for their loved one and dine in the resident's apartment.
- For non-vaccinated family members and friends, including children, courtyard and window visits can be scheduled, subject to previous guidelines. Times slots may be limited, depending on resident doctor's appointments. Courtyard visits can be scheduled with Sammie, as before.
- Pet visitors are welcome!
Community Relations Director